MWS for West Desaru Field Development Project
- Petrofac and Petronas have ordered a novel unmanned minimal facilities platform for their West Desaru development off Peninsular Malaysia.
- The free-standing Wellhead Support Structure (WSS) was the first installation of its kind in the Asia/Pacific region.
- There is no jacket – the topsides will be supported entirely by the four outer environmental well conductors
- The conductors were connected via two 20-m tall latticed subsea structures and cemented four outer conductors to a depth of 80m below mudline
- IMEC acted on behalf of The Underwriters and successfully ensured that all reasonable steps are taken and appropriate criteria followed to ensure the safety of the project cargo, structure and vessel throughout the periods from initial load out to final installation in this field